Have you ever been struck by a crazy chocolate craving? Not a regular, sane chocolate craving, but a debilitating, psychopathic chocolate craving?
I know I have.
The cure? Make these easy truffles and keep a batch on hand for just such an occasion.
Easy Dark Chocolate Truffles
3 Tbsp butter
1 C. Chocolate Chips
4 Tbsp Half and half
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c. toasted coconut flakes
- Put all ingredients except the coconut in a sauce pan and warm slowly. Keep heat on medium low. You don’t want to burn your chocolate.
- Stir constantly for 10 minutes, the chips will slowly melt.
- Once it’s all melted, pour thickly into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into 15 equal-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle the coconut on a plate.
- Wash your hands and roll each square into a ball. The truffle will melt a little bit in your hand. This is good.
- Roll each melty truffle in the coconut to coat it.
- Put truffles back into the fridge/freezer to solidify. They will keep for a long time if stored in the freezer, but thaw in the fridge before eating them or you will break your teeth.
Lick the spoon, the pan and your fingers like a crazy chocolate-craving person.